If a warrant is recalled, can police still arrest you on that warrant? 3 Answers as of June 27, 2013

I recently had a warrant put out for my arrest. If a judge recalls your warrant, basically null and voiding it, can police still arrest you on the warrant? A judge did recall my warrant, but my sister told me that police came to our house looking for me, and I fear its still to arrest me. Thank you.

The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier
The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier | Seth D. Schraier
If your judge recalled the warrant, the judge should have also provided you with a "do not arrest" order, that you should keep on you at all times. This is because there often is a delay between when a judge vacates a warrant, and the order is processed to inform the police. So until the police get notice from the court that the warrant is vacated, their system shows that their is still one out for your arrest. Therefore, if the police come looking for you, you need to show them the "do not arrest" order, so no further action is taken.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
No. If a warrant is recalled they cannot arrest you on the warrant. It is void. However, the police can still investigate you and arrest you with probable cause.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
Once a warrant is vacated it can't be used to base an arrest on. What was the time frame from when the Judge vacated the warrant until the police showed up looking for you? Perhaps the warrant had not been cleared in the computer.