If the victim doesn't press charges but is issued to come to court will you be punished? How? 8 Answers as of August 13, 2013

Didn't press charges but still got calls to appear in court. I don't want to go but I don't want to get sent to jail myself. Do I have to go? And will they drop the case if I gave a statement?

Well if they subpoena you to go to court, then you have to go. Otherwise you can ignore them.
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
If you have been subpoenaed you must appear it court or a warrant will be issued. If you are the victim of an alleged sex offense or domestic violence you cannot be forced to testify in California. You can be found in contempt, but not put in jail.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
Not enough details but if you are served with a subpoena, you are ordered to appear.
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
As an officer of the Court, I cannot advise you to ignore the subpoena request. If you are the victim of a crime, the DA will still require you to appear in Court to testify about what happened. If you don't appear, the prosecutor can simply dismiss the case request a postponement to find out why you didn't appear or have the Court issue an Order holding you in contempt for failing to comply with the subpoena. The last one is not common but it could happen. It depends on the nature of the charges.
The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos
The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos | Carlos H. Davalos
Not going may subject you to penalty.