If unemployment approved my case, now employer is appealing, what are my chances of getting unemployment? 10 Answers as of October 10, 2013

Unemployment approved my claim. They ruled it was unsatisfactory work conditions. Now employer is appealling claim. Do I have a chance of winning if unemployment approved it?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
It will depend on the hearing officer. Just be prepared to argue your case.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
In GA, it does not matter if the appeal is filed by the employer or by the claimant. The fact that the first decision went your favor is not a factor to be considered in the next step. So, it depends on the facts of your case as to if you will win or not. In GA, no one should go to an unemployment hearing without an attorney - one that knows unemployment law. Ga Unemployment law is so different than all else in GA law. Do not go to a hearing without representation. If not me, someone.
Moore & Allen, PLLC | Gloria J. Moore
Yes, you certainly have a chance of winning the appeal. Just make certain that you show up for any and all hearings. Make certain that unemployment office has your correct address and telephone number.
Absolutely. Just make sure you get in any required paperwork (if any) and make your appearances (if any).
A. Dawn Hayes & Assoc. P.A.
A. Dawn Hayes & Assoc. P.A. | A. Dawn Hayes
Yes, you have a chance of winning.
    Alena Shautsova
    Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
    You need to fight for the benefits, or there is a change you will lose them.
    Coane and Associates
    Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
    Yes, normally you have a chance, although nothing is guaranteed. Unemployment hearings in Texas are typically done via telephone hearing.
    Law Office of Tadd Dietz, PLLC
    Law Office of Tadd Dietz, PLLC | Tadd Dietz
    The eligibility requirements for unemployment benefits in Utah are set by the Department of Workforce Services (DWS). According the DWS website "In general, unemployment insurance benefits are paid to eligible workers who: have earned qualifying wages, are unemployed through no fault of their own, are able and available to work full-time and are actively seeking full-time work." See their website for more information. Either side may appeal the initial DWS determination of benefits after which a telephone hearing is scheduled with an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). Utah has regulations within the Utah Administrative Code that govern the Ineligibility of Benefits, which the ALJ may rely upon in making their determination (SeeTitle R994 Workforce Services, Unemployment Insurance). Both employers and employees have a right to call witnesses and present documents as evidence to be considered by the ALJ. You may want to consult with an experienced unemployment attorney to help with your the appeals hearing. This information does not constitute legal advice. If you are seeking legal advice regarding the specific facts of your case consult an attorney.
    Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
    You should have a chance but without knowing more facts, it is very difficult to analyze further.
    Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
    It depends on the testimony and evidence submitted at the hearing before an Administrative Law Judge.