If they can't find her to serve her before hers goes through against me, how will they decide who has to move out? 1 Answers as of July 06, 2017

I got TRO against my abusive roommate. When she overheard me tell a police officer that while they were at our house, she ran out to get one against me a couple hours later. She came back saying she got one then left right before they came to unsuccessfully serve her. Her TRO probably won't be signed until tomorrow at 1pm. They only do these cases at certain times of day. Will it be whoever they can find to serve first or what? Will it be up to the sheriff’s department?

The court docket will have a time and date stamp to show who filed first. A non-party to the Order must serve the other party. If you get served first, go to court to contest the action.