If they cannot find the change form, do we have a case to sue the old beneficiaries for the benefits my mom intended for us? 3 Answers as of June 25, 2015

My mom submitted a change of beneficiary form for her pension benefits prior to her death. I have a copy of the form signed by her and two witnesses. The pension company is advising me they do not have a copy of the change that was submitted and are investigating to see if there was an error.

It would be a stretch to sue the benes. Your best shot is against the pension manager.
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
No you cannot sue the beneficiaries but the money should be on hold and not distributed since there is this dispute. Hopefully you have submitted the paperwork to them. If you have further issues, see an attorney.
Obtain the services of a probate/trust litigation lawyer immediately to represent you, as the insurance company will do everything they can to deny the beneficiary change form was submitted by your mother to the insurance company, or try to settle with you for a very small sum of money to make you go away.