If there was a car accident and air bags did not deploy, is the car company liable? 7 Answers as of November 06, 2017

I was in car accident and got severe damage on the driver side of my car. I have severe bruising on shoulder, neck, and left leg. I have neck pain and headaches, and some lower back pain. The injuries might not have been as bad but the air bags did not deploy and I just found out there was a huge recall on my 2014 vehicle because of faulty air bags. What can I do?

Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
Yes, there is something you can do. One it contact the manufacturer so that it can be documented. Secondly, get in touch with any federal agency such asNTSB, FTC, and the like to complain about the faulty product. Third, contact an attorney.
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
You are considering a product liability action. Unless you were paralyzed, you could not possibly justify the cost of such an action. According to you, you are only bruised. If you are correct, your injury is worth the cost of your medical care + $2,000.00.
DEAN T. JENNINGS, P.C.
DEAN T. JENNINGS, P.C. | Dean T Jennings
Probably not. Air bags only deploy if struck at the correct angle at a speed of 35 mph or more, so if you were struck on the side that is probably why they did not deploy. Get an expert to look at your vehicle and determine if the bags were operational, then get an expert accident re-constructionist and find out if the bags should have deployed because of this collision.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Contact a local attorney who handles such cases a it requires expertise in the subject.
If you hire an engineer to examine and test the airbags, and the expert says they were defective, then the answer is yes. Otherwise, no.
    You should talk to an attorney about suing the air bag company.
    The car manufacturer could be liable, assuming the accident was a type for which air bags should inflate and the accident had enough force that the air bags should have inflated.