If someone who is 19 is arrested for driving after smoking marijuana in Colorado and is charged with a DUI, what happens to him? 3 Answers as of February 02, 2011

Will this remain on his record, and for how long? What is the least possible charge my brother will get for this? My brother is 19, and he got arrested for a DUI and he had a weed pipe in his car.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Anderson & Carnahan
Anderson & Carnahan | Stephen Anderson
It depends on whether he took a chemical test, bad driving, roadside testing. Your brother should talk to a lawyer, I will gladly discuss his options.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 2/2/2011
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
It depends a lot on which county his charges are in. It might be (in most counties) the charge will be reduced. It will depend a lot on the results of his blood test (if he took one) as that will show if "active THC" was in his system. If so, it will be a battle that he is better off having a lawyer fight for him. He definitely should at least consult a lawyer and learn what his options are.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 1/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: