If someone gets their parental rights taken away, can they get it back? 1 Answers as of July 10, 2017

If someone gets the parental rights taken and the mother is now married and her spouse has now adopted the child, can you fight back for your rights if you can prove you are fit to be a parent?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
You can try. But it seems extremely difficult. The children will have adjusted to their new status, and a court would likely feel that undoing the prior termination will be unfair to them most of all. The Court will also likely tell you that a termination of parental rights is intended to be a final disposition, not one that can be reopened based on subsequent changes.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 7/10/2017
Click to View More Answers: