If someone committed fraud can they get a green card? Posted on April 04, 2011

My friend entered to the US as a tourist. He stayed and got married with a US citizen but he got caught committing a fraud marriage. The immigration department told him to get divorced and canceled his case. He never got a deportation letter. They canceled all the process for residency. It's been 7 years and He stayed in the US illegally. He is a good person. No police problem or anything like that. He is clean. Now He met a woman(US citizen) who wants to marry and They have a kid. But Their concern is if he can get a green card? His Mother just became a US citizen a couple years ago. Could she help him to fix his status, or can his girlfriend file if they get married? What are his options? Please He really loves that woman and wants to stay in the US with his girlfriend and child.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: