If someone is arrested for smoking drugs in a hotel room what happens? 4 Answers as of August 20, 2015

What will happen to my son if the police caught him in Bend? Last week, my son was arrested after police were called because he was caught smoking methamphetamine in a hotel room. After the police arrived, marijuana was found in his possession.

Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
It depends: why did they come in his room? Did they have probable cause? Was he caught with meth? Did they test for meth in his system? Does he have a med mj card?
He will be charged for possession. The amount found will determine the degree of the charge. He needs to have a drug and alcohol evaluation done and start treatment. If there is a diversion program have him take it.
He will most likely be charged. If meth is involved, he will probably be charged with a felony. In addition to criminal charges, the hotel can sue him civilly for any damages the hotel sustained as a result of his illegal activities. These damages could be substantial, especially if meth was present and the room has to be de-contaminated... charges for repairs and lost income from not being able to make the room available for guests. Lots of potential problems. I suggest that he get himself an attorney.
Connell-Savela
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
Arrested for possession and use of drugs found - these can be felonies - sometimes we can get charges reduced to misdemeanor or even dismissed in drug court.