If the seller of a house does not disclose that the basement floods, is there a case? Posted on March 08, 2011

My husband and I bought a house in the end of September (2010). With the thawing and the rain recently, the basement has started flooding. But not just around the sides of the room, water is seeping up in random spots all over the basement where there are tiny cracks that were not noticeable before. This was not disclosed to us, and we are led to believe that the seller knew about this problem a) because of the nature of the problem there is no way this is the first time this has happened, b) the seller had two dehumidifiers in the basement, which unfortunately we didn't ask about, clearly trying to make it dry for when we looked at the house. Do we have any case against the seller? Our would this just end up being a very long drawn out and expensive ordeal?