If a repossession guy caused personal injuries, should he be held liable in Illinois? 3 Answers as of February 16, 2011

A repo guy committed acts of violence against my son while on the job, and was arrested for his actions. My son had to go to the ER, and is now scarred because of the incident. Should I make this a legal matter, or what can I do?

Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
Yes. Your son would be entitled to damages that were caused by the battery committed by the repo guy. You should seek counsel to make certain that your son receives the compensation he deserves. The fact that the repo guy may have committed the battery in the scope of his employment, exposes the repo company to liability, as well.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
I'm sorry that this happened to your son. Your son may certainly have a lawsuit against the repo guy, and your son should consult an attorney to discuss his rights. Please feel free to call me for a free consultation.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you.

Thank you for your email, and we look forward to hearing from you.