If a person injured my brother, can I challenge him to a fight, and if we both agree, carry out the fight and not get into trouble? 2 Answers as of November 10, 2017

If a person injured my brother and has been a bit of a bully, can I challenge him to a fight, and if we both agree, carry out the fight with only physical means and not get in trouble? I ask this to know whether I could get in trouble by the state before doing anything rash. We are both 18.

No. Even mutual combat is against the law. It is at least a violation of Penal Code section 415 subdivision (1) and if someone gets hurt or claims that the other person exceeded their "agreement" to a fair fight the charges could be more serious.
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
Many cities and towns, counties, etc. have ordinances against ?brawling? which is normally defined as fighting ? unless it is a sanctioned event (by some reputable organization). Without knowing the city or county you are in I cannot research the laws. However, I doubt you can do this without getting into some type of trouble.