If a person has been deported 3 times is he able to come back legally? 1 Answers as of July 06, 2011

The father of my child has been deported 3 times. I was wondering if there was any way for him to come back legally. He does not have any felonies. I am looking for an immigration lawyer in the bay area.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
There is generally always a way for the spouse of a USC to come back legally. You will have to start the process from the beginning, meaning with Form I-130 and wait for that to be approved, sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing. The NVC will contact you when the visa is ready to be processed. At that time, you will need to start preparing the waiver application and documentation. You will need a really good waiver since he has been deported 3 times. The probability is that he may have to wait at least 10 years before being allowed to file the waiver. This is something I will not recommend you do alone; get a lawyer to do this for you just as you are planning to do. FYI: Any good attorney in the US can do this for you. They do not have to be from where you are. But I can definitely understand why you would want one that you can visit in person. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: