If a person has an arrest warrant for $50.000 how much time would he do in jail if he has no bail? 9 Answers as of March 21, 2013

If a person has an arrest warrant for 50.000 how much time would he do in jail if he has no bail? Is it possible to find out the court date for my boyfriend by calling the county PD?

Your boyfriend should get an attorney and go with that person and turn themselves in. This is the best way of maximizing the chances of walking back out.
You would have to post $5000 of the $50,000 bond in Nebraska to get them out. They would remain in jail unless the bond is posted or they are sentenced. We will offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case and show you how we can help you out. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk about the matter. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
The person would remain in jail at least until the charge is resolved, and if he or she is found guilty, then until his or her sentence is over. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
Law Offices of Laurie A. Schmidt, P.C. | Laurie Schmidt
in Colorado the primary purpose of setting bail is to secure the defendant's presence in court. Once bail is set, the person remains in custody until he/she posts a bond or the case has concluded. In order to find a court date, contact the county or district court that the case is being heard.
You find out the court date by calling the prosecutor (state or federal), or retaining an attorney. He will spend all of his time in jail, IF he does not make a bond.
    If nobody posts his bail, which I would guess is 10% of the bail amount, or $5000.00, he will sit behind bars until the case is finished, which could be a significant amount of time, if a felony, or it is dismissed or he is found not-guilty at a trial. You probably could find out when his court date is up by calling the Clerk of the County Court, or the jail, which may have his next court date, as well.
    The Gardner Law Firm, PLC | Brandon Gardner
    If bond has been set at 50,000, then he will remain in jail until the outcome of the case unless he posts bond. Whatever time he does while awaiting the end of the case will be credited to him at sentencing (if there is a guilty verdict or plea).
    Not sure I completely understand your question. If someone has a warrant out for his arrest, he will usually stay in jail until the sheriff is able to bring him before a judge. This is usually 48 to 72 hours after the arrest, excluding weekends and holidays. If his arrest warrant is $50,000, then his bail is $50,000. He would be released after posting bail and given a date to return to court for his arraignment. A court date would not be listed until after he has been arrested or turns himself in. I strongly suggest that your boyfriend contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding his situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze his case and advise him of his options. (S)he may also be able to arrange for a bail bondsman to post bail for him.
    Rizio & Nelson
    Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
    That depends on a lot of things. It's impossible to guess based on the limited information provided. A "no bail hold" can be imposed for any number of reasons (e.g. he's in the country illegally, he has warrants in another county, or he's accused of a capital crime). He will definitely be in jail until the case is resolved, but I obviously can't guess how long that will take. If he is convicted, he could be in jail even longer. Of course, I don't even know what he's accused of.