If a person gave me money through a moneygram, is it possible for them to file a police report? 6 Answers as of October 25, 2013

A lady was transferring me money through money gram and now she wants it back. If I don't give her the money back, she says she's going to file a police report but at the same she has threatened my life and other family members.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Anyone can file a police report. Police can take warrants at anytime.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 10/25/2013
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
Interesting that you don't deny that she is owed the money. If she is owed and you don't return it, yes, it can be traced.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/23/2013
Austin Legal Services, PLC
Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
Sounds like one of those scams to me. If someone has threatened your life then you need to file a police report.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/23/2013
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
You should be ok as long as you save the information you get from her.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 10/23/2013
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
If you were obtaining the funds by false pretenses, she can file a report and you can be arrested and charged if the complaint has merit.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 10/23/2013
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    There are so many facts left out of that question that is is not even a real question, let alone inviting an answer!
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 10/23/2013
Click to View More Answers: