If a person files charges against someone, does the other person get arrested right away? 3 Answers as of March 06, 2017

I am being accused of identity theft. The person claiming this says she has evidence but has not shown my husband or me such proof. My husband notified her this morning and told her to file charges so that an actual police investigation could be made. Did we do the correct thing? Will I be arrested and held until the investigation is done? I am completely innocent of such claim.

Probably wasn't the best strategy to dare the person to go to the police. You might want to contact an attorney now to contact this person to see what is up and what she is basing her accusations on.
You did the right thing. The next thing to do is talk with an experienced criminal defense attorney and DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE OR ANYONE ELSE about your situation or these potential charges without an attorney present.
No, he didn't. But it's not too late to remember, you have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later. You can go from innocent to guilty based on lies and the whims of an investigator.