If a parent has a restraining order against his son, is he allowed to attend Parent Teacher Conferences? 4 Answers as of February 06, 2014

I am a teacher of a child whose father has become violent towards his son. He also has a mental health condition that requires him to take medication, but he will not take it. The father has a restraining order filed against him and is not allowed to have contact with the son. Is he allowed to come to Parent Teacher Conferences? I am concerned about my safety and breaking the law with giving him any information about his son.

If the restraining order is a blanket order keeping your ex away from the school, from home and any other location where you or the child might be, that order would indicate that he should not be at the school. If it's hard to understand what the orders mean, I would suggest that you review them with an experienced family law attorney.
Mom needs to give you a copy of the order. Then have your school counsel review it to see if dad can come to the meeting. This is above your pay grade. Administration needs to figure it out.
The Law Offices of Tres A. Porter | Tres A. Porter
You should consult, or your school should consult, with legal counsel immediately. Typically, a restraining order involving a minor would include a restriction against coming onto the campus of the child's school, but there are often exceptions or exclusions.
Catchick Law, PC
Catchick Law, PC | Matt Catchick
Try to get a copy of the Restraining Order to confirm all of the Order's restrictions, and then consult with an attorney to assess your options to keep yourself safe.