If the other party goes directly to the charge and request not to have mediation, will this be allowed if I wanted mediation? 7 Answers as of May 16, 2013

I'm going to court in July for child support, if the other party is wanting to go straight to the judge and have no mediation, but I want mediation, will the court allow this?

What are you mediating? The numbers are the numbers, and neither party is bound by the mediation anyway, so you want mediation and the other does not, so you want the court to force them to do what you want, suppose the court forces you to do what the other wants, child support is based off the guidelines what is the mediator going to do, come up with new federal guidelines?
Probably, but it depends on the judge.
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law | Gregory T. Buckley
Courts will generally require family law cases to at least attempt mediation prior to scheduling a hearing.
Generally the courts will favor going to mediation, however depending on your jurisdiction it may be that the court cannot mandate it. In any case, the result should be the same and the elimination of mediation may shorten the process and make it less expensive assuming you would eventually get before the court anyway.
The Law Offices of Tres A. Porter | Tres A. Porter
In most counties in California, mediation in a child custody issue is mandatory. Mediation is usually NOT done in child support issues. You should consult a family law attorney in your area.
    Kunin &Carman | Ishi Kunin
    The courts in Nevada mandate that the parties attempt mediation to formulate a Parenting Plan prior to the Court entering a final decision.
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    Unless the court orders it, the other is not required.