If the one who wants to talk to me was the supermarket employee and not an officer, could I still be charged with fleeing and alluding? 1 Answers as of June 04, 2017

I was confronted while walking through a supermarket parking lot, by an employee wanting me to come inside and ask me a few questions. I said that I could not. She stated that I could leave the stuff I took in the cart and go. Eventually I just took everything out, showed her what was in my purse and went to leave. She stated that she could not let me leave and that she needs to do paperwork with me there. I asked multiple times why she lied, and was just threatened for the police to be called now. So I agreed to go inside. When we were almost to the doors I took off running out of the parking lot.

No, you cannot be charged with fleeing and eluding because they are not the police. Retail fraud is another story. That is what I'm guessing they are going to charge you with.