If the new sub leaser should sign the new sub lease, but fail to make payments, can the landlord hold me responsible? 10 Answers as of January 15, 2014

I subleased my apartment for six months.

Which means that you have to pay the landlord and the sub-lessee pays you.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Yes unless the landlord signs on and allows you to substitute tenants you will be responsible if your subtenant does not pay.
Yes, the sublease is between you and the sublessor. You still have the primary obligation to the landlord.
Wayne J. Wimer, Inc. P.S.
Wayne J. Wimer, Inc. P.S. | Wayne J. Wimer
In a normal residential lease, you are responsible for the full term of the lease whether or not you sub-let the same unless between you and the owner, you signed a novation of the lease.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
Yes. You are still responsible for your agreement to pay the landlord rent, and when you sublet, you only enter into an agreement with that sub-tenant to pay rent to you, or directly to the landlord for you. The landlord is not otherwise a party to that agreement, and if an eviction must be pursued, the landlord will likely come after both of you.
    Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
    You are a liable for rent default by your subtenant, unless the landlord released from liability at the time of sublease.
    The Krone Law Firm, LLC | Norman B. Krone
    Yes. You remain liable for the lease obligations, including the rent. That is the difference between a sublease and an assignment, with a release of liability.
    MatthewR. Schutz, Esq | Matthew R. Schutz
    You are responsible to the LL unless the LL agrees in writing.
    Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
    You are ultimately responsible under a sublease. Unless the landlord has agreed otherwise in writing.
    William Bidwell, Attorney at Law | Bill Bidwell
    Yes, because you are still the lessee; landlord can go after both of you. If the lease was assigned with landlord approval, then the landlord has no recourse against you unless you agreed otherwise.