If my wife filed a divorce in US but I am abroad, Is the responds time of 30 days be the same? 1 Answers as of February 20, 2017

I currently live out of the US but my wife is still there. Two weeks ago a guy handed me a divorce papers filed by my wife’s attorney. The paper says I have 30 days to respond. Isn’t getting divorce from someone who lives out of US supposed to be trough the related embassy?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
You received proper service. Please secure an attorney in the jurisdiction where your wife filed to protect your legal rights.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/20/2017
Click to View More Answers: