If my wife decides to make her son's father pay full custody support for their child which country would have jurisdiction with the case? 5 Answers as of April 29, 2014

My stepson is an American citizen but his parents are both Jamaican citizens. My wife currently holds a US green card.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
If the child is here, the U.S. courts have jurisdiction.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 4/29/2014
Borzilleri Law Office | Christine Borzilleri
Jurisdiction for support can be in the courts of either the US or Jamaica if the father lives in Jamaica. I would recommend filing in your local jurisdiction for convenience of the proceedings.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 4/29/2014
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Where he resides.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/29/2014
John Russo | John Russo
Where ever the child and the parent with placement resides. Moreover, there is no such thing as full custody support, at least not in the U.S.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 4/28/2014
Smith Law | Sharon K Smith
The place where the child has his or her residence is the place that has jurisdiction.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 4/28/2014
Click to View More Answers: