If my wife asks for a divorce, how I can get full custody of my kids after the divorce? 2 Answers as of March 11, 2017

My wife move to other state for work purposes almost a year ago in order to get experience. While me and my two kids are still living in our state. At first I thought it only take less than 6 months. But it end up taking almost a year. Until today she calls me and asks me she wants to get a divorce. She told me she already met another man and she is pregnant with him.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
You can file for divorce and custody in your current State where the children reside. You should request custody orders while the children are still living with you in your current State. You should not send the children out of State until you have custody order as it would take legal action to get them back.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/11/2017
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
Seems like the appropriate steps to take at this juncture would be for you to initiate the divorce in your county and request in a motion so legal and physical custody. Please meet was experienced family law attorney to explore your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/10/2017
Click to View More Answers: