If my uncle was sentence to life to not be in the USA because he sold drugs 3 Answers as of May 18, 2011

Is there a way I could help my uncle to be legalize in the USA after he was deported for life because he sold drugs?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No you cannot petition for him. And if an immediate relative of his could, it will be admittedly very very difficult to do. It will all depend on the types extreme hardship his USC family is suffering and the types of roots he has in the US and what happened since his deportation, among other things. Keep in mind that cruel and unusual punishment is not constitutional. No government agency can sentence a person to never seeing their family for life and I am assuming his family is all USC and LPR. For the purpose of your question, this is neither here nor there. I wish him luck though.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Probably not. There is no waiver for a conviction where drugs were sold. There is a waiver for marijuana possession. To see if he qualifies foe any visa categories have a competent immigration attorney evaluate his conviction and case history.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
No, very unlikely under current U.S. immigration law which classifies your uncle as an "aggravated felon".
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: