If my son was arrested for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, what is he looking at? 2 Answers as of July 13, 2016

The charges where dropped due to a lack of evidence before we went in for the preliminary hearing. The attorney still wants his 10000 dollars, is that legal. We gave him 5k up front then the charges were dropped before we went to court by the district attorney.

Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
Although this can be a situation where heaven is in hell, my recommendation is you resist paying anymore but also retain another attorney to advise and represent you against this attorney. Good luck.
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
It is no longer relevant what he was looking at as punishment if the case has indeed concluded. As to the fee of the defense attorney, that is a matter of your written fee agreement with counsel. Review your agreement as to whether you hired him at an hourly rate for hours worked or for a flat fee.