If my son is a legal resident, will I be able to come to the United States? 11 Answers as of July 29, 2011

I live in Georgia(country).My son is the citizen of the US who was born out of wedlock to his US father.He is 13 years old and now lives with me.I have never been to America.I am a citizen of Georgia.Can my son take me to the US lawfully?How can I get permission to enter to America?

Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
You need a tourist visa to visit the US. You must demonstrate to the officer at the US consulate in your country that you have enough money to travel, the purpose of your trip (for example to visit your son), and your itinerary. Good luck.
The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC
The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC | Scott D. Mills
My first question would be whether the son is actually a permanent resident of the US. The son of a US father may have pathways to residency and citizenship - but that status is not automatic. Many situations demand that the children petition for naturalization - after living much of their lives assuming that they were a citizen of the US. While you may be able to get a travel visa to the US, your son cannot sponsor you for residency or citizenship unless he is a US Citizen and at least 21 years old.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Your US citizen son is too young to sponsor your immigration. You may apply for B2 visitor visa to come to the US if you can convince the consular officer that you have strong ties to your country and you will return after your short visit.
If you have a US citizen son, he can petition for you when he is 21 years of age.
You have to wait until your son turn 21.