If my police report states I admitted to a possession of marijuana charge, is it best for me to plead guilty or not guilty? 12 Answers as of August 01, 2013

I have a couple more questions but mainly I'm just worried about not going to jail and not getting my license suspended because I work and help my mother. I've not had any previous charges not even a speeding ticket. It was found in my vehicle. I was wondering if it could get expunged. Please help me if you can. Thank you.

Your license will be suspended for the possession charge.
You want to plead not guilty. If you plead guilty right up front then you lose all your bargaining power. Get a lawyer. They may be able to work out a deal so that you end up with no record. In Michigan for example there is such a program.
ROBERT HAMBRICK Clearwater Criminal Defense Attorney
ROBERT HAMBRICK Clearwater Criminal Defense Attorney | ROBERT HAMBRICK
First, you need to find a lawyer and if you can't afford one the Judge MUST appoint one for you at your next hearing. Second, if you have no prior record you can likely have the case dismissed thru the pretrial intervention program in your county.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you. Your attorney can work out a plea-bargain deal with the prosecutor to keep this off your criminal record. If your court date is coming up soon and you haven't hired a lawyer, go to court on your court date and plead not guilty and ask the judge for a continuance to allow you time to hire a lawyer. If you just plead guilty and pay the fine, you will have a drug possession conviction on your criminal record forever. In Missouri, drug convictions can never be expunged from your record.
Get an attorney to help you. There is more to this than guilt or innocence.
    You will go to jail. In Washington, you would likely be sentenced to undertake a drug and alcohol evaluation, take any treatment prescribed, do community service, pay a fine, have no further criminal violations and be on probation for one year. You will have to expunge your record.
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    You need to retain legal counsel and discuss this only with such counsel. You may have good defenses. If this is your first offense, your lawyer may be able to negotiate for dismissal or reduction of the charges. If your lawyer succeeds, you will not have a record. However, if you are convicted of a misdemeanor, you will have a record that cannot be expunged.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Ask for diversion.
    Law Office of Andrew Gable | Andrew Gable
    You may be able to avoid a conviction here. Then you could have the conviction expunged.
    You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed.
    Admitting to possession certainly does not help your case, to be sure. Hire a defense attorney to represent you, let him obtain all the police reports, and hear your side of the story, before you say anything in court. He will determine what is the best way to proceed in your case, be it by filing motions, plea bargaining with the prosecutor, or going to trial, either before a judge or jury. I believe there may be sentences that can indeed be expunged in the future. Your lawyer would know that.
    Law Office of Russell A. Warren
    Law Office of Russell A. Warren | Russell A. Warren
    Well first, you should plead not guilty and consider having an attorney represent you on a matter like this. They can work with the prosecutor to have your charge amended or dealt with in such a way as to avoid a conviction.