If my parents cosign on a home loan, and they declare bankruptcy, will my credit be affected? How? 9 Answers as of July 06, 2015

If my parents cosign on a home loan, and they declare bankruptcy, will my credit be affected?

It will have no affect on your credit as long as you stay current with the mortgage payments.
To the extent you rely on the continued reports of prompt payment of this mortgage to keep your credit score high, your parents bankruptcy will affect your credit. Most mortgage companies will stop reporting payments to both the bankrupt debtor and the cosigner after a bankruptcy is filed.
No, your credit is based on how you pay your obligations.
Charles Schneider, P.C.
Charles Schneider, P.C. | Charles J. Schneider
No as long as you pay.
Their bankruptcy should not affect your credit.
    This should not appear on your credit report. If does you can contest it. See the attachment. The address are where you send your complaint in, certified mail, return receipt, Keep a copy of all correspondence.
    Not directly. However, the bank may not report your monthly payments to the credit agencies which will negatively affect your credit score. Often, this can be remedied if your parents agree to reaffirm the mortgage debt.
    If you continue to pay on time then it should not be affected but they will no longer will be liable for the note and you will remain 100% liable.
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter
    Law Offices of Daniel J Winter | Daniel J Winter
    The bankruptcy can appear on either credit report, yes. Even if only one person on the loan files, it will show that a bankruptcy was filed. You'd have to explain that you didn't file a bankruptcy, that the other person on the loan did.