If my nephew is in foster care and about to be adopted, can my husband and I petition the court for him my brother-in-law? 1 Answers as of November 28, 2016

My brother-in-law disco dust four days ago. He has been in state custody and has been with a foster family. He just told us that he gave his parental rights up in August. Can we still petition the court for custody of our nephew?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
File a petition for custody. DHR is obligated to attempt to place the child with a ?relative resource? which you seem to be.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 11/28/2016
Click to View More Answers: