If my mother had a very sizeable deposit in the senior living facility, they are telling me I cannot get it back until someone else moves in, is this 1 Answers as of June 19, 2017

My mother had been residing in a senior living facility and unfortunately she passed away the end of February. I went through the process at the Surrogate Court and I am the executor officially. I don't know if the state laws are different from the state where I live, but every time I moved out of an apartment there I always got my deposit back right away. Do I have a legitimate grievance here?

William S.Wolfson Esq.,LLC | William S.Wolfson
The first step is to have a lawyer read the agreement your mother signed to see what the refund policy is if it is stated in the contract. Has some one else moved in yet? Many facilities are regulated and there may be requirements for refund practices in the New Jersey Administrative Code.