If my husband was recently become alcoholic, what is my liability if he is driving drunk and causes an accident? 1 Answers as of June 25, 2017

My husband of 20 years has been battling alcoholism recently. Last year he checked himself into rehab and was sober for 8 months. Since then he has relapsed twice, and now for the third time. I am becoming increasingly concerned about his health and our financial welfare. I drive him almost everywhere, and refuse to buy his liquor or let him drink in our house. Vehicles, our house, property, and insurance policy are in both of our names. My income is our major source of income and has paid for most of what we have. How do I protect myself financially?

If you are not listed on the car title as an owner, you will not be legally responsible for his accidents.