If my husband was charged because of my exaggerated stories to the police, if I tell the prosecutor about the truth, will they put me into the jail? 4 Answers as of February 27, 2017

I need some advice. I was big disappointed with my husband because he came home late and half drunk. Then I search about family counseling. The website came out with ADVO. I didn't know exactly what ADVO is, and then I came to police station to ask more information about ADVO. To make them sympathy to me, I talk exaggerated to police and my husband got interview from them on the day and emotionally admit everything without thinking clearly, then end up they charge my husband with sexual assault, broken property, intimidation. Now, I want to meet the prosecutor and tell them the true and I want the case stop and don't go to the court. Actually, my husband already had been to the court to change the condition of ADVO, and ministry changing the condition, so he come back home already. Now, my question is if I tell the prosecutor about the truth, will they stop the case?

You need to retain an experienced criminal law specialist to represent you. The fact that you may want the charges dropped and the thing to go away doesn't mean it will be that easy. It is the police and the DA who recommend prosecution not the victims. Your attorney could work with your boyfriend's both of whom would know how to approach the DA on your behalf. It is doubtful you will be charged with anything. They won't believe your retraction but this route will make it more difficult to prosecute your husband.
Anyone who files a false police report in California is guilty of a misdemeanor with a potential jail sentence of up to one year. With that being said, both you and your husband need separate criminal defense attorneys to help you.
No, because the prosecutor will never believe you. The fact is, prosecutors will never drop charges just because the victim has had a change of heart/story. The fact is, in 95% of all DV cases the parties reconcile, and prosecutors are well aware of this. Your husband needs a good lawyer.
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
You run the risk of charges being filed against you for making a false police report. Consult an attorney.