If my husband told me he was moving out and now he is saying because I didn't give him money he is no longer moving out, can he do that? 2 Answers as of March 04, 2014

I'm separating from my husband. My husband has not been at the home I rent for 21 days. He does not work. I had a protective order on him that ended on February 18 so he went to get one on me that was thrown out on February 22 , 2014. He told me on February 26, 2014 that he was moving out and was going to get his things this weekend on March 1, 2014 and could I give him a couple of dollars to get some food and other things. I told him I would see what I could do. I told him I would give him something on Saturday when he moved his stuff out. Now because he didn't get the money sooner, he is now saying he didn't say he was moving out and he has not left the home. The locks have been changed and the release rewritten to not to include him. Can he come back or does he have to take me or the landlord to court in order to get back in?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
You may need to go to the divorce court and get another protective order if he tries to break into your house.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/3/2014
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
You may want to take advantage of the provisions of RCW 59.18.585. It seems like you may have already done this, however. RCW 59.18.585 Victim protection? Possession of dwelling unit? Exclusion of others ? New lock or key.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/4/2014
Click to View More Answers: