If my husband has a deportation from 2002 is there any way I could help him? I'm a citizen and we have a kid. 2 Answers as of April 18, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. The short answer is that it will depend on why he was deported. Was he here illegally? Did he overstay his visa? Does he have a criminal history, and if so, what was he convicted of ? Since we do not have all the facts, it is impossible to give a meaningful answers. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your husband's situation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/18/2017
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
It depends on the particulars of his case. As long as your husband is eligible for one or more waivers of inadmissibility due to a prior removal and/or unlawful presence, if required, you can start the process by submitting a relative petition on his behalf to USCIS.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/18/2017
Click to View More Answers: