If my husband is going to jail and is letting his girlfriend keep the car that is registered to us both, what can I do? 1 Answers as of April 19, 2017

My husband recently stole my car; it is registered to us both. He will go to prison for a while and he is going to let his current girlfriend keep my car, how can I get it back? We have been married 10 years. He also owns property and I'm wondering if I'm responsible for anything that may happen to it; say if someone gets hurt or there is a fire and he has no insurance am I the one who will be responsible?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
You can ask a judge in your divorce action to give you temporary possession and control of the car until your divorce case is final. You should have an owner's insurance policy with coverage of $15,000, $30,000, $5000 minimum limits to protect yourself if they have no insurance.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/19/2017
Click to View More Answers: