If my husband's family refuses me, will that cause immigration problems for us? 4 Answers as of January 26, 2011

If my husband’s family refuses our marriage, and we do not get photos together, will that have a bad affect on the counselor to give my husband the CR1 visa? My husband’s family refuses me because I am 46 and my husband is 26 and due to religious differences.

Hugo Florido ESQ.
Hugo Florido ESQ. | Hugo Florido
Marriage photos is not the only way to prove a marriage is real. You can prove the marriage through other means regardless of the age difference.
Not sure what country you are marrying in. Is the consent of his parents required for you to get married and have a valid marriage in that country? Has your family accepted him? Those are the pictures that would be more valuable.

If we can be of assistance I can be contacted as indicated below.
Your situation sounds very sensitive and yes, you have a lot to prove to overturn the presumption that your marriage is truthful. Hire an attorney to present you. You don't want to risk this, just for the sake of a small amount of money.

You are welcome to contact us for help! Good luck!!
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
You can prove a good-faith marriage without the approval of your in-laws, however, the US Consul may have the same suspicions about your marriage.

It is very unusual for a foreign man, 26, to marry an American woman, 46, especially with the religious difference. When the match is this unconventional, you'd better have plenty of evidence that it is genuine.

As a practical matter, I suggest that you get some confidential advice about the cultural and religious views of marriage in your husband's home country. You will then have some pertinent questions for your husband, which may clarify his motivation for marrying you.