If my husband divorced me while I was visiting family in another country, is there any way I can get justice done here? 2 Answers as of October 20, 2017

Married for twenty years, my husband divorced me while I was visiting family in another country. I was called by a friend that he had remarried. He froze bank accounts and never split our assets. I couldn't afford an attorney there. This was in 2007. He has now moved to the U.S.

R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
You would have to find an attorney to look into this. But let's just say that you stood on your rights for 10 years, and it is probably too late to get justice.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
I assume that the divorce occurred in some other country. Thus, you may need to speak to an attorney in that country to discuss setting aside the divorce. I would also suggest that you also speak to an attorney here in the United States. This is a complicated matter that needs to be addressed.