If my husband and I have been separated for 6 years now, he is prison, how can I file for a divorce? 3 Answers as of April 25, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ronald L. Bornstein, P.A. | Ronald L. Bornstein
You don't indicate whether you have children together or own and property together, but you should generally be able to file for divorce where you last lived together as husband and wife, or possibly where you are now living if not in the same place as before, and serve him with the papers in prison. Consult with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your situation and your options.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/25/2017
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
How? In writing, by filing a petition for dissolution of marriage, and then having it served upon him.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/23/2017
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
If you are in Florida file the usual paperwork, in the Petition indicate you are separated for 6 years due to his being in Prison. The clerk of Court will issue a Summons, the prison will have a procedure in place for him to be served the papers. Once he is served procedure is the same for all matters.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/23/2017
Click to View More Answers: