If my grandmother filed charges against me of stealing money to her account but she just forgot that she loaned me money, what will happen? 3 Answers as of March 06, 2017

My 80 years old grandmother is filing charges against me saying I stole money from her account she let me barrow the money she wrote me the checks that I of course cashed, but coincidently someone did steal five thousand dollars out of her account but I did not. How do I go about proving that she is senile getting older forgets she lent me the money and i didn’t steal from her?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
You don't. You hire an attorney to help you, if you are, in fact, charged with the theft. If the police contact you, you should not talk to them unless your attorney is present.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2017
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2017
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
Sounds like you have a good defense.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/3/2017
Click to View More Answers: