If my grandchild lives with me, I do not receive any aid for her, can I collect child support from the father and/or mother? 1 Answers as of October 12, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
The first order of business is for you to establish a legal relationship to continue to have custody of the child. This would require a temporary guardianship order from the court. Once you have that kind of an order from the court, you can also seek support in the family law division. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/12/2017
Click to View More Answers: