If my fiancé does not want to marry, can I convert my visa so that I can stay in the US anyway? 6 Answers as of February 01, 2011

I am in USA on k1 visa and now my fiance does not want to marry. So I just want to know ,can I change my visa status, anyway? Like to an H1 B visa, or student visa, or working visa?

You may apply for another status such as H-1B but would need to return to your home country in most cases to obtain a visa in the new status. There are some exceptions but too numerous to go through in a forum. If you would like to consult with me on your options, contact me as indicated below to schedule a consultation and once we have a strategy we can advise on procedures, documents, and fees. We do charge for consultations but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for work thereafter.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
No, you cannot convert the fiancee visa to some other type of visa. You have to return to your own country and apply for another type of visa.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
Unfortunately you cannot adjust your case as a K1 visa if you do not marry your fianc.
Yes, you can but before your K1 visa expires in 90 days!
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
The K-1 visa is really restrictive. You can only adjust your status based on marriage to your fianc. If you have not overstay by more than 180 days, you could return to your country and try a different way to return.
    Unfortunately, you cannot change your status to any other non-immigrant status if you entered as a K-1. Additionally, you can only adjust your status based on marriage to the K1 petitioner.