If my father is in jail for a crime he did not commit and we are ready to fight, where should we start? 6 Answers as of August 29, 2013

My father was incarcerated in 1998 and was given 200 years for an armed robbery he did not commit. He was ask to take a plea deal of just 10 years and he said no. A jury convicted him and he's been incarcerated ever since. He was said to be the ringleader but they had no proof. A few years ago, some years were taken away from my father due to some technicalities. I am trying to get some answers as to where I can start. The statute of limitations for this particular case has not run out yet. Who can I look to help? My family has saved up some money and we are ready to try to fight. My father is also not a citizen, he was born in Kingston, Jamaica.

You need to find an appellate attorney to overturn his conviction.
Start with the money to retain the right attorney.
Law Offices of George Woodworth & Associates
Law Offices of George Woodworth & Associates | George Woodworth
You need to Appeal this case right away!? I have over 30 years of criminal defense experience, and can help you.
Law Office of Alexis Plunkett
Law Office of Alexis Plunkett | Alexis Plunkett
You need to consult with an attorney who specializes in criminal appellate practice.
Law Firm of Marco Caviglia | Marco Caviglia
Assuming his appeal time has elapsed, he needs a creative appellate attorney to look into a 440 motion, which won't necessarily be successful or even available. He can contact Project Innocence and if they think he is wrongfully convicted and that they feel it should have a priority position, they may assist.
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    The starting point would have been by appeal within 60 days of sentence. If he didn't do that, you might have trouble now.