If my ex-husband and I have joint legal custody of our children, could I get full legal custody due to his instability? 1 Answers as of May 02, 2017

My ex-husband and I have joint legal custody of our two children and I have full physical custody as stated in our divorce mediation papers filed through. My husband hadn't spoken a word to the kids or to me in over 2 years until August 2016. He made contact and started talking to the kids via social media for 3 weekends (1 convo each time maybe 1hour max) but then no word until November. He wanted me to send them up for Christmas which I refused. I told him he needed to come down here to rebuild their relationship, which he refuses to do. He hasn't spoken to the kids since August and hasn't seen the kids in person in over 4 years or paid child support in over 3 years. Could I get full legal custody easily due to this and his instability? He won’t give me his address and has been jobless for 2 years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
The fact your ex has not seen the children in over four years alone will be justification to reevaluate the parenting timeshare. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to discuss your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/2/2017
Click to View More Answers: