If my ex-boyfriend failed to pay the money I gave to pay the rent, can I do a small claim towards him? 1 Answers as of June 21, 2017

I live with my ex for 8 months. When I had move in he was back up on his rent for a $1,000 and something but I end up helping him paying that $1,000 and something so that he doesn’t get evicted from the property. He owns the trailer but have to pay $350.00 every month to rent the mobile home ground or property. As it went on he decided not to get a job and expect me to pay for everything. Of course I was on the least after moving there with him. As it went on me paying all the bills but he's so quick to get the money order out from my purse every time when it comes to paying rent and he would sign them so that I couldn't sign them. Now the second time of being back up on rent again during his uncle and kids came to live with us so that they can get back on their feet, I specifically told them they don't have to pay rent and just save the money so they can get their own place come to find out his uncle was giving him $350 including me giving him money for rent but seem like the bills wasn't getting pay as it stack up to $2,000 and something while getting serve again by the cooperate now he didn't show up to court nor did I cause I didn't know anything about it until the Marshall came and serve court paper to me now then I'm pretty much getting screw over including his uncle too. Me and his uncle had put the money together so that we all wouldn't get evicted but again the money order part he continuing trying to rush to sign the money order so that I could get to sign them as now our relationship is falling apart because he refuse to pay anything expect me to pay for all the bills and all the expense in the house while he get to do nothing but try to hurry up and sign the money order, now he's disrespecting me and try to abuse me and taking my belonging including giving some of my belonging to people without my permission and stealing money from me and putting me under stress.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Patrick W. Currin, Attorney at Law | Patrick Currin
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/21/2017
Click to View More Answers: