If my ex girlfriend puts me on child support can I still get married with someone else and get my residency? 4 Answers as of June 07, 2013

I really want to know.

If you keep up with child support payments, then you should be able to apply through your wife.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
You can get residency [green card] by legal marriage to a new person who is a US citizen willing to file petition for you. But note that there are several factors to consider in getting a green card. One of which is that you must be a person of good moral character. If DHS finds that you are not supporting your children, DHS may conclude that you lack good moral character and hence, deny your green card.
Child support has nothing to do with your ability to marry someone. As long as you are legally allowed to marry, you can do so. I would just make sure you comply with the child support order.
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
In a word? Yes.