If my employer had neglected to provide workers comp, do I have some sort of recourse in Oregon? 3 Answers as of January 18, 2011

Is there something I can do about this legally? I was hurt twice when I was on the job, and my boss failed to carry workers compensation coverage throughout the time I worked there. On top of that, I also did not receive overtime pay for the two years I worked with the company.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Harris Law Firm
Harris Law Firm | Paul Vames
Two separate issues. On the work comp issue, you should speak with a workers compensation attorney. It is possible that the State will pay your work comp benefits. It would be best to discuss the specifics of your situation with someone who practices in this area of law in Oregon.

On the overtime pay, a wage and hour attorney can assist you.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 1/18/2011
Harris Law Firm, pc
Harris Law Firm, pc | Robert Harris
Yes, if you're an employee you can make a claim for workers compensation anyway. In that case, you should be eligible to receive your benefits, and your former employer will have to personally pay out of their pocket for those benefits.

We have an attorney at our office who handles workers comp cases.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 1/18/2011
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC | Travis Prestwich
Yes. You may have a direct claim against your employer for the injury or you may opt to go through a special fund set-up by the state to assist injured worker's whose employers do not carry worker's compensation insurance. As to wage loss, you probably do have a claim for that as well. You should contact the Bureau of Labor and Industries regarding the wage loss and consult with a worker's compensation attorney about the on-the-job injury claims. All of these claims have very strict time limits so you need to seek out legal help as soon as possible.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 1/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: