If my daughter was injured in a spilled coffee incident in Oregon, how much money should she settle for? 2 Answers as of January 06, 2011

My daughter was buying a meal at a fast food chain in town during the lunch rush. While waiting for her meal at the counter, she had a large cup of hot coffee spilled on her chest and arm, burning her. She immediately went to the doctor for treatment, and he told her that the vest saved her from more serious burns. She complained to the manager, and the insurance has tried to offer her about 550.00 for the incident. Would it be smart to take it?

Harris Law Firm
Harris Law Firm | Paul Vames
Gather your daughter's medical records and consult an attorney. The value of the case depends on the severity and duration of the injury. Claimants are not compensated based on what "could have" happened, they are compensated based on what did happen. An attorney can assist you to evaluate these factors.
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC | Travis Prestwich
I am sorry to hear about your daughter. The value of the case is a hard thing to determine with very little facts. One needs to review the medical records, treatment, amount of medical bills, prognosis, future treatment, etc., to determine value. I think the amount they have offered likely is too low but, again, one cannot say for certain without having more information.