If my credit union of 20 years is making an issue personal and its affecting our credit, do I have a case? 6 Answers as of August 21, 2015

We were recently in an accident where the insurance co. considered our vehicle total; we chose to keep the vehicle but needed endorsement from the lien holder which was the c.u. When speaking with new contact of 2 years she said she needed to get clearance from the board; she was never able to make any decisions. Sticking with facts, after an argument on March 23, 2015, our file was turned over to their attorney stating we had defaulted on our loan and that she had been unable to contact or receive any payments. This information is false and I have documents to support my statement. The letter from the attorney was dated the exact same day of the disagreement between myself and new contact at credit union. The attorney stated that he had our file before the accident but also told me in the same sentence that it was "irrelevant" for me to know the date he received the file. I stated to him that I saw my file personally when I visited the cu on March 16th and why no one stated anything about my file being in the attorney's office before the disagreement. I felt I should no longer speak with him because he was directed to do this by the credit union. Just some history, every vehicle I have ever purchased came through the credit union. When payments were late, I made sure to contact the credit union - they knew when I had economic hardships and never once did I not say I wouldn't pay with interest. I feel we have been stereotyped and discriminated based on our lifestyle and its unfair. Our credit is being affected by someone who is not qualified for the role they have taken. The attorney told me he does not know any banks or finance co. that would tolerate this type of delinquents and when he made that statement, I knew he was not told the truth. New contact at the credit union did not give us a fighting chance because she gave a false impression of us to their attorney and I can prove that.

If you can prove that they are wrong, you could sue for defamation of character, and/or infliction of mental distress. Talk to a competent lawyer.
Sorry, I do not think you have a case. The credit union is entitled to be paid back its loan to you on the car and its having acted nicely in the past does not require it to do so now. I do not understand why it needed to give you any endorsement/approval to keep the car but they probably had a duty to act within a reasonable period of time to do that, but what damages did you suffer from that failure?
Maybe. Consider consulting an experienced lawyer familiar with predatory lending cases. Good luck.
Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
Not a personal injury question!
You need to retain an attorney if you wish to prevail.
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    You haven't really asked a question. If you have had multiple late payments on an installment loan, it would make you an undesirable client, entirely apart from ANY other issue that may or may not have colored the CU's decision.