If my citizenship is denied after an interview (based on 3 year residence thru marriage), can I reapply under the 5-year residency? 5 Answers as of March 12, 2014

N400 denied.

Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. Why was your N-400 denied? I suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
It depends on the reason why your citizenship was denied. If USCIS decided that your marriage is not valid, or that you are not eligible for citizenship for some other reason, your new application 2 years later will be denied, too. Moreover, USCIS can start removal proceedings to revoke your green card and to deport you if the grounds for the denial of your N400 make you permanently ineligible for citizenship. Any adverse determination can be appealed only with in 30 days. If you do not file an appeal, the determination will become final. Schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney as soon as possible.
It depends on what basis your naturalization was denied. Was it because you applied on the basis of marriage and are no longer married or your marriage is no longer bona fide or was it some other reason?
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
Yes. You can apply under either category as long as you are eligible.
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
Yes. You can reapply without any further complications.